With any new inquiry I almost always get asked this question;
What is BY Project’s design style?
You may have noticed when looking through our website and previous projects, BY Projects Architecture signature is not the same for each project. We do not have an ‘official style’.
The reason is simple.
No two projects are ever the same.
Seaford – construction commencing April ’19
Glenroy – under construction
The clients have different needs, the projects have different specifications, and the sites are different.
We generate our ideas through a collaborative process to ensure each of our projects reflects our client’s aspirations, their personal likes and dislikes. And we do this by:
- listening carefully to our client’s needs, spatial and financial
- preparing careful site analysis to assess the natural features of the site, and the surrounding neighbourhood
- analysing the Planning regulatory requirements for each site
- ensuring we have good knowledge in;
- Architectural history and precedence
- built form and current trends
- passive solar design and sustainability of materials and technologies
- construction methodologies processes and materials
- building regulations
East Bentleigh, Kitchen Renovation
Camberwell, Kitchen renovation
We establish a partnership and ‘lead’ you through the process.
There are a lot of discussions about practical things – like room sizes and relationships, recognisable built forms that you envisage, likes and dislikes; and the less tangible ones – like how do you want to feel entering this space?
A lot of analogies have been made by clients to the process I describe, including “it is like haute couture – having your own dress made to suit your personality”.
It’s the difference between a home-made hamburger, and a happy meal!
My favourite example of this diversity of design ideas and forms is to compare similar ‘types’ of projects, with very different outcomes.
Additions and Alterations to Heritage Homes:
Port Melbourne, Heritage Additions and Alterations
Coburg, Heritage Additions and Alterations – under construction
Port Melbourne, Heritage Additions and Alterations – awaiting endorsed planning permit
Director and Principle Architect
BY Projects Architecture